Checklist for Maternity and/or Parental Leave for Training Award Recipients
- Assemble the request package in the order listed below;
- Submit the request package to "CIHR" at least thirty (30) days in advance of the leave.
From the Nominated Principal Applicant:
A signed letter requesting the leave and confirming:
- the start and end dates of the leave;
- the expected date of birth (or adoption);
- that they will:
- be the primary caregiver for the child;
- not be receiving employment insurance or other parental benefits from other sources;
- not be engaged in their studies/research activities or employed in any capacity during the leave.
A copy of this letter must be sent to the Finance Department at the Institution Paid.
From the Primary Supervisor:
- A signed letter:
- providing their approval for the leave;
- confirming the start and end dates of the leave.
Supplemental content (right column)